Burden of Ice

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Burden of Ice

Post by Gold Chocobo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Plot: Ed, Al, and Mustang are on a train back to Central when it suddenly crashed and falls off the track! The next thing the three know, they are abandoned in a snowy peak of a mountain, with nothing but their alchemy. They come across a strange gang of people, who are planning to bury Central with the ice from the peak of the mountain! Will they stop them in time and save Central?

Notes:

-Al is in his human body because it's more fun that way. c:
-I came up with this while listening to Honey Punch....yeah.... >///<
-No homculus please.

Characters:

Edward Elric- Koru da Fern Princess
Alphonse Elric- goldeyedalchemist
Roy Mustang- Koru da Fern Princess
Leader of the "gang"- Regius - sailorstar165
Pawn 2- sailorstar165
Pawn 3- goldeyedalchemist
Pawn 4- Puppy

Profiles

Character Name: Regius
Username: sailorstar165
Weapons: sword and alchemy
Short Bio: Unlike most of the bad guys in FMA, Regius isn't a former member of the military. Quite the contrary, they wouldn't allow him to join (something about him not being a good enough alchemist). He leads a gang of misfits that had family members killed in various scuffles with the military. Regius is actually a very nice guy and takes care of his comrades and worries about the safety of all those involved. He only plans to bury only the military's stronghold in Central, though it seems his "comrades" have other ideas.

Character Name: Anemone Christopher
Username: sailorstar165
Weapons: none
Short Bio: A small girl Regius took in after her parents were killed in the line of duty as soldiers. She often feels she's a burden to the group, and so she does her best to be of use through cooking and spying. Her attempt at being helpful, however, often gets her into trouble. Regius saves her constantly and doesn't mind the trouble, but it just makes Anemone more depressed because she needed saving. She's like a little sister to Regius, which is why he keeps her around, but the other members of the group find her bothersome at best and she knows it. She's much more aware of the situation with Regius's comrades than he is, but he won't hear a word against them. She's rather quiet around people she doesn't know, but she will speak her mind if she feels it's necessary.

Character Name: Ezra
Username: goldeyedalchemist
Weapons: Large Claws
Short Bio: A man with a history with the military. He believes the use of alchemy is wrong and goes against the rights of all human nature. So, to attack this problem he plans to rip apart any State Alchemist, who he feels "influences" others to use alchemy. He won't stop until every military dog is lying dead in their own blood. His only love was killed by them, so he refuses to allow them to live.

Character Name: Evangelina or Eve for short
Username: Puppy
Weapons: Hand Gun
Short Bio: As Ezra's younger sister, she knows that he is hurting. She dislikes the military as much as he does. She has a lime green motorcycle and does everything in her power to help him. Although he speaks vaguely about many things, she knows to listen.

Last edited by Gold Chocobo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 am; edited 8 times in total

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 4928
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!
Registration date : 2009-10-12

View user profile http://setsuaiburninglove.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Burden of Ice

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Al watched outside the window, they were returning home from a mission, however, the mission really didn't prove that the military had homcului within. That was what they were trying to prove,

"It's too bad we didn't get any good information."

Ezra was aimlessly sitting up on a high branch on a dead tree. It was very cold on the peak of the mountain, but it was all apart of their plan. He held up a lone apple,

"Was it I, who has been cursed with a sin? I, who am taking all of the burden upon my shoulders now?" He whispered to himself. He looked up, he just wanted to go and murder all of them, right now. But of course, Regius never would make that bold of a move. His younger sister, Eve, was perched beside him.

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moka on Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Ed sighed. "Yeah. I blame that bastard colonial. Where is he, anyways? Slacking off and flirting again?" He was in a rather bad mood because of their failure.

Maria sat under the tree, beneath Ezra. She was used to his mumbling, so she ignored him and poked at a log with her knife, which she always had with her.
Moka
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 139
Quote : Gimme a break, can i have a break, break me offa piece of that KIT-KAT BAR.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

View user profile http://animefreakLOLZ.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppy on Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 am

Eve just sat there and listened to Ezra's mumbling. She was used to him talking to himself. Just smile and nod just smile and nod. She looked over at him and smiled. Then turned back to look at the landscape.
Puppy
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1184
Quote : "Nothing's perfect, even the Earth rotates on a tilted axis, just doing the best it can."
Registration date : 2009-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 am

"Hey," Regius greeted his companions. "We're back from town." He tossed the bag of food and supplies he and Anemone had gathered on the log next to Maria, where there wasn't quite so much snow. "We got some coats and boots, too, since we'll probably be up here a while."

He looked around at his gathered band of misfits. A child, a gunner, an Ishbalen alchemist, a former military man, and himself. That made five, though he would never allow Anemone to become too involved in their battles. Still, she was always far too eager to help, and while he didn't mind saving her, the rest of his group were starting to get sick of problem child.

That didn't matter, though. He squared his shoulders, and said, "We'll have to start making the circles. If we rapidly heat the snow around weak spots, it should trigger an avalanche. We'll need to add more circles to grab water from the air as the avalanche goes down to Central's military base, else it'll loose speed. Maria and I will work on this. Ezra will watch our back while we set up and fend off any military that comes sniffing around." Regius looked around at his comrades. "We'll have Anemone and Eve warn everyone in town, spread the rumors and drop the messages to evacuate. We don't want anyone hurt in this protest."

Anemone shivered and looked up at Regius. He didn't honestly believe they'd go along with this plan, did he? Regius might not want to harm anyone in his wish to destroy the military base and prove a point, but the others, especially the Ishbalen, were out for blood. They wanted everyone dead. She'd heard Ezra mutter it plenty of times, but Regius was too trusting of his little gang to listen to her. There was nothing she could do. Unless... Unless she protected him.

She stepped a little closer to Regius and also looked around the group. He might see comrades, she thought, but I only see thugs and murderers. She gripped his long coat in her hand, like that could get her thoughts to him.

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 am

Al frowned,

"It's not the Colonel's fault. There was just no good data there, that's all," He reasoned, "Don't blame the Colonel because you don't like him very much, but I'm starting to wonder where he is too..." Al looked out the window, the ground was covered in snow.

Ezra jumped down, crushing the apple in his palm. He nodded, evil thoughts in his mind. Fine by me. I might be able to have bloodshed. His hand touched the claws that were hooked to the side of his belt, No killing, he said. My excuse: Feared for my life,

"Evangelina. Do as he says."

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppy on Sun May 23, 2010 11:49 am

Eve looked over at him and shot him an evil look. Why does he always get to have fun! Not fair! I wanna kill people to. Oh well.

"Yeah yeah yeah I know. I'll be fine. Don't do anything stupid without me." She said lightheartedly.
Puppy
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1184
Quote : "Nothing's perfect, even the Earth rotates on a tilted axis, just doing the best it can."
Registration date : 2009-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moka on Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Edward grinned impishly. "I know, but I can still blame him, can't I?" He took his watch out of his pocket and started twirling it in front of him.

Maria jumped slightly when the bags hit the log, she hadn't heard them approach. She listened intently to the plan, and nodded her agreement. It wasn't that hard to cause an avalanche. She noticed that new-ish girl, Anemone or something step closer to Regius and look at them funny. 'I'm almost positive she hates us all.' Maria thought to herself, twirling her knife in her fingers. but she wasn't ALL bad. She didn't want any innocent people to die, even though hers did. Just the military and all people who helped them. But for the others, she couldn't be sure. They were all probably out for blood.
Moka
Role Player

Female
Quote : Gimme a break, can i have a break, break me offa piece of that KIT-KAT BAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Sun May 23, 2010 9:01 pm

"Well, now that all the unpleasantries are out of the way," Regius said, smiling down at Anemone, "shall we get to cooking dinner?"

Anemone nodded meekly, then set to work digging through their older supplies--better to use the older stuff first--and some of the fresh foods they'd just gotten and stirred them up into a stew over the fire Regius lit with alchemy. She still wasn't quite used to the bright flashes, though there had been an alchemist in her village so she knew better than to refer to it as magic.

"When are we going to start?" she asked, prodding the fire to get all the coals concentrated under their pot.

Regius sat down on the log next to their things. "Depends how quickly we can get enough alchemic circles done. I can't send you and Eve down too early, or they'll send soldiers up here to stop us, and I want as few casualties as possible." He looked at Maria. "How quickly can you draw circles?"

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 pm

"Yeah. I blame that bastard colonial. Where is he, anyways? Slacking off and flirting again?"

Mustang frowned. "Fullmetal I assure you I have NOT been slacking. I have however may have nonchalantly pushed some paperwork on Hawkeye and went to a few bars but that is not slacking. And you really mustn't blame me for everything."

Rennim
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 457
Quote : Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
Registration date : 2009-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moka on Fri May 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Ed, not hearing the colonel approach, jumped when he heard him directly behind him. But, being who he was, he recovered quickly. "Yeah, cause that's TOTALLY not slacking, idiot. And I can if i want to." He sighed. "I wish something exciting would happen......"

Maria looked up calmly. "Very." She then got up and started drawing intricate circles with her knife around the mountain top.
Moka
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Fri May 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Mustang sighed. "I hope to god that does not come true. More exciting would equal more paperwork after and I'll probably end up babysitting you again during it. How troublesome."

Rennim
Role Player

Female
Quote : Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Al tilted his head a little,

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize we made that much trouble for you," Al then turned to Ed, "Well....I wouldn't mind a little action too....as long as no one gets hurt" Al continued to watch outside the window.

Ezra then decided to put on some of the warm garb. He never really complained, but he didn't want to freeze to death either,

"Guess we should go then."

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Regius chuckled. "Yes. We ought to start our plan soon. After dinner, of course." He accepted the steaming bowl of stew from Anemone and took a small bite. "Delicious, Anemone, as always."

Anemone blushed and passed more bowls and spoons around. These were old, a couple bowls cracked near the top but still usable. She always made sure the best was reserved for Regius, and the worst reserved for whoever was on her badside at the moment. It changed regularly who got the broken bowl, and when she wasn't mad at someone, she took it herself to be fair. This time, though, she was giving it to Maria. She was up to something, though Anemone knew not what.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Fri May 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Mustang looked up. "You're not the one that causes me headaches Al, just your brother here. Anyways, where are we now?"

Rennim
Role Player

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moka on Sat May 29, 2010 3:24 pm

"Pft, like I know. And what do you mean I cause you headaches???" He turned and pointed accusingly at the colonel.

When she had finished the circles, Maria went over and sat down for dinner. 'Bad bowl again...' She sighed. That new girl had this system of bowls or whatever. No, thank you, she was not a phycic, those people creeped her out, she was just good at reading people.
Moka
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Sat May 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Mustang rolled his eyes elegantly of course. "Exactly what you think I meant." Mustang turned to look outside the window. "Guessing from the snow and air pressure, we're probably at the top of a mountain. It'll still be a while before we get to Central."

Rennim
Role Player

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Al turned to Mustang,

"You think so? Well, I guess it'll give us some time to rest a bit," He said, "After all, we've been investigating a lot lately..." He wondered if the two of them would make it to central without causing a fuss. Ed tended to pick fights with the colonel for no real reason.

Ezra ate a little, but he was never much of an eater. He felt food was merely fuel, he never thought about enjoying the taste or flavor......well, after he died. He finished rather quickly and leaned against the rotted tree. He was anxious but he would never reveil it to the rest of the group. He felt it showed weakness,

"So, if the military sniffs around I'll try to lure them away, if that doesn't work I'll play with them a bit," Ezra was sure to add, "Not kill. Casualites don't help." Hmmph. Yeah, right. I'll kill if I feel like it. No one tells me what to do.

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Sun May 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Regius nodded, completely oblivious of Ezra's true thoughts. His naivety was his greatest folly.

He set aside his empty bowl and shook his head when Anemone went to refill it. "We need to get started on the circles. The sooner we get this done, the less likely we'll get caught." Regius stood. "Maria, take your time. I'm going to set up the trigger circle."

Anemone set her own empty bowl down and followed after Regius as he walked away. She didn't want to be left alone with his comrades. He might trust them, but she certainly didn't.

The camp fire was barely a spot through the dead trees when Regius stopped, and Anemone slowed to a halt next to him. "Um...?"

"I know how you feel about them, but we need them," Regius said, his voice perfectly calm and collected. "There's no way we could pull this off on our own, and you know it." He smiled when Anemone nodded doubtfully. "Don't worry so much. I'm a perfectly responsible adult."

As he reassured her, Regius dug through his pockets and pulled out a piece of paper with a circle he'd drawn earlier on it. He set this on the ground and activated it. The light spread around the dead trees, etching lines into the solid rock below the snow. For a moment, the blinding light made every line and symbol visible, then the lines of light faded, and the area looked like nothing more than a snow-covered forest.

"Come on. Let's head back." He took the little girl's hand and led her back to the campsite.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moka on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 pm

"...................What? You don't think I'M going to do anything, do you? Why don't be silly!!! I'd never do anything bad!!!" He laughed triumphantly.

"But I'm already-!" And Regius was gone. She sighed. sometimes she thought she was invisable. Well, she was to the government Now, since that Scar dude had showed up a while ago. And they never bothered to remember her. It was probably for the best, since she wasn't on the run anymore. She sighed again, put down her bowl, went back to the tree and climbed all the way to the top. No one ever went up that high, since the top was brittle, so she had the place all to herself.
Moka
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Mustang sighed deciding to ignore Edward and not get into another squabble despite how fun it was to antagonize the short blond. "I guess so. Rest sounds pretty good right now."

Rennim
Role Player

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Suddenly the train jolted to a stop. Al would have flung foreward if he wasn't holding on to the armrest, then, then the train tipped over, causing them to going rolling down the side of the mountain. The ice just caused the train to topple down faster. Everything was happening so fast it was like no one could think or was prepared,

"Whoa! Hang onto your seats!" Al shouted over the banging.

Ezra jumped a little at the crashing, multiple times,

"What the hell was that?" He asked, sounding unfazed.

Yoite X Miharu
I will protect you.
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Mustang had just closed his eyes to go to sleep when the train suddenly stopped and began tumbling. He almost fell from his seat before catching the sides and gripping tight. Scowling annoyed by the rude awakening he snapped at the first person he saw, "What's going on here?"

Rennim
Role Player

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Anemone looked up fearfully at Regius. Whatever the sound was, it didn't seem good for their mission. A sound like that meant either one of two things: people or avalanche. Both were extremely dangerous, and could prove fatal to the scout who went to check on it.

Still, she couldn't let Regius go. He was far too important--not only to the mission, but to her. "I-I'll go check it out!" Anemone said firmly before running off.

The ice was slick, and Anemone toppled a few times, but she was determined to reach the noise before the others could follow. If it were people, she didn't want the bad people hurting them, or the people hurting Regius. If it were an avalanche, well, she hoped Regius would send the bad ones after her if she didn't come back. Then they might get lost and die, too.

Don't think such thoughts, she scolded herself, creeping around the trees. It was a train, derailed from the tracks because of ice. There seemed to be people moving around on it. That wasn't good for the mission.

A hand fell on her shoulder, making her jump.

"Shh," Regius hissed, leaning around the tree to get a look of his own. He wracked his brain. He didn't want to leave those people stranded without help. That would be a major problem. The military would come for them, and they might discover his plans and put them to a premature end. Not only that, they'd execute his band of trouble-makers, even the small girl he held close to him. There was only one choice, and while he didn't like it, he had to do it.

He stepped out from the tree cover, hand firmly on Anemone's shoulder to bring her with him. If there were anyone suspecting something, the child would quell the suspicions.

"Is everyone okay?" he called. "Can you get out?"

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Mustang looked up managing to remove himself from the train and onto snow wondering briefly if the Elric bothers are okay.

"Oh good. There's actually people here. What just happened? Where are we?"

Rennim
Role Player

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum