Magic Users Guild

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Re: Magic Users Guild

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm

As Cyrus walked back to the Burning Phoenix Guild Hall, the leader, Aden Orpi, leaned on the door frame of the front entrance, with his his dead hands inside of his vest pockets. He was waiting for Cyrus to return for the night. He was slightly worried about him because he knew that his last mission took a lot out of him, although he hardly knew any of the details. As soon as Cyrus was in sight, he called out to him, "Hey, You finally got your stuff so i can lock up for the night?"

Cyrus nodded as he walked towards his leader. When he was near him, he asked hesitatingly, "Master Orpi...I-is it possible i could take a few medical days?"

"that depends," Aden replied back, " can I at least get a status report of how your mission went?"

Cyrus nodded again and then explained what happened. He told him all about how they were attacked by assassins from another guild, that the princess was stabbed but he was able to bring her back to life with one of his mechanical heart. He showed Aden his hand and said, "to keep the princess alive I had to freeze her into a suspended animation, It took a lot out of me. I'm not sure i can handle another big mission for the next week or so."

Aden sighed. He knew that what Cyrus was really trying to put across was that he wanted a few days off so he could work on his little project. However, even if Cyrus was one of his best men, there was no way he'd be able to pull off no more than a C class mission in his conditions. "Alright Cye" he said to him unwillingly, "You can have 3 days off. However, I want you to rest during most of that time. Not pulling all nighters on your projects."

Aden watched as Cyrus walked in with a bit of eagerness in his step and he shook his head at him. Aden walked in after him and the two guards pulled the doors closed and locked the members in for the night and soon the guild hall was silent as a lake's midnight water surface.

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Victoria nodded as they went inside she lead her up the stairs to her room. Victoria's room was beatiful the man that had taken care of her before gave her much money to have a nice room. "I thought you should now more about me and why I am the way I am" she said starting a fire it was cold.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 293
Quote : That which does not kill me better run pretty damn fast
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile http://gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Zephyr nodded. "I would love to hear about it," she said, taking a seat close to the fire. She was freezing. "I could tell you some of my past as well, if you like."

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Vincent had just barely been able to fend off his mysterious attacker, who for some unknown reason had flead the battle after one of Vincent's Ghouls had managed to land a good hit, leaving a very deep gash across the Mage's chest. He heard someone knocking on his door, and (using his staff for balance) limped his way over to the door. When he finally reached the door. he realized he was bleading heavily from several gouges and cuts on his arms, legs, back, and chest, but it appeared that nothing vital was injured, so he didn't dwell on it too long. It appears the day I have feared most has finally come to pass, I have to warn everyone that He has returned! he thought to himself with utter determination and saw Mei's horrified expression when she actually saw him. "Mei, I need you... to... to go to the Burning Pheonix... headquarters... as fast as you can and... tell that bastard Aden I need to... meet with him here... NOW!" Vincent's voice was in such unbearable pain from his wounds that he could barely speek. He realized, however, that if he didn't meet with Aden and warn him about what was to come, that the world as they knew it would scease to be. It was at this point that Vincent realized that he was covered in blood and gore (not all of it his) and that if he didn't clean his wounds soon, he would risk infection. "I'm... going to go clean myself up... On your way out, send the guild surgion(sp) up here to help me... bandage my wounds..." Vincent, using his mighty staff as a crutch, limped through the wreckage of his quarters and went into his private bathchambers to clean out his wounds.

Nathanial just couldn't quite understand it, he should have been able to kill that Vincent character easily, but he couldn't bring himself to strike a leathal blow. I get the feeling that this Vincent character is crucial to my survival... He couldn't be that important to the flow of Destiny! Could he? Nathanial thought to himself as he flew across the forest near his grove. He was still in his "battle form", so he had made it a point to stay above the clouds as he flew. When he finally landed in the center of the grove, he fealt an overwhelming wave of pain wash over his body, he also realized that he was bleading from almost everywhere. "It appears we both sustained quite a bit of damage durring our little encounter." he chuckled to himself as he walked over to a nearby stream and began cleaning and bandaging his wounds. "Looks like I won't be going very far for the next few days." Nathanial grumbled to himself as he washed out a particularly deep gash he had recieved just before leaving. He noticed with a mixture of astonishment and horror that the gash went all the way through to the ribcage, and had even put a small scratch in the bones. "If that were a little deaper, I'ed be dead!" he said to himself as he began stitching the wound closed. If all went well, he should be fully recovered in a few days.

((they'll both take at least 3 days to be "fully recovered" so don't expect much from Nathanial untill then Very Happy ))
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male
Number of posts : 340
Quote : BRB... gon 2 get Pancakes!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:24 pm

"I would like to hear" she then sat on the floor as soon as she got the fire going she took a sigh out and then looked at Zephyr and said "I was born in Autum falls but i didn't really live there I found this out when I met my father." "I was abandened by my mother she was a prostitute it was winter and wolves came and took me in I became a child of the animals for 9 years of my life I lived with them learning to feel the presence of people and things around without seeing them. I was able to hunt I became friends with all the animals the birds bears even some horses I became very very intelligent then I started to watch the people that where around a man found me and took me in he thought I should learn how to be human." She then said "He was very wealthy I found my father and he told me what had happened my mother ........." she looked at the ground "I never met her and I never want to." She then said "He taught me how to live in a wealthy society
I became very powerful in magic then I found my body decaying I came to fairy tale and I really don't know what else to tell you."
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Mei knew that if she stopped to ask questions, it would be too late, so she hurridly nodded and ran towards the entrance hall. People gave her questioning glances as she passed, but she paid them no mind. On the way, she made a sharp left and entered the surgeons office.

"Vincent needs you!" She said, panting slightly. She had forgotten to use his title in her haste. "Now!" After adding that she ran out, fire lapping at her heels, literally. The Burning Phoenix hall was some ways away on foot, and by using transportation, so she decided to try a spell. She wasn't all that great at any thing besides making fire, but a simple teleportation spell should be simple enough. Though she wasn't sure if she could make such a long distance...

Concentrating slightly, she mumbled a few words, before focusing on the energy within her.

She could feel flames rising, licking at her skin, but not burning. The Burning Phoenix hall in her mind she urged the magic to work, and work quickley, lest her leader fall.

After what seemed like an eternity, she opened her eyes, to find herself about 30 feet in front of the burning phoenix hall.

Mei faltered slightly, stumbling to the ground. That spell had taken quite a lot out of her. She found that she could barely drag her feet. Was her body beginning to decay even worse now?

After such a meager spell too. She could barely feel the wind that was blowing her hair. Certain parts of her body were beginning to lose feeling, and it worried her. She had only been using strong spells for a short time now.

She frowned at her weakness, but knew that it was the same for all people who used elemental magic. She just wished she were stronger.

It wasn't a very smart option however, teleporting, as it required a lot of energy. It especially wasn't good for such a long distance, but she knew she had to be quick. Breathing heavily she steadied herself, gritting her teeth together. She needed to find Aden, whoever he was, and fast. Her leader looked like he was in a lot of trouble.

She stumbled to the entrance, knowing that the Burning Phoenix didn't consider Sea Serpants enemies, like most of the guilds.

Once she reached the doors she paused, breathing deeply before knocking loudly on the doors twice.

wow... that's a pretty long post, compared to what I've been doing lately. Hope you don't mind that I made her do the spell, it was the quickest thing that came to mind since I don't know how far away the halls are from each other...
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Zephyr was listening patiently until she was quite sure Victoria had finished. She then started on her own story.

"I guess my story is opposite of yours. I lived with my parents for years. You see, they were both magic craftsmen. In fact, my father made this hair ribbon for me before he... I am getting ahead of myself.

"A few years ago, I went out to get groceries for my mother and father, and returned only to find them both surrounded by mages I did not recognize. My father told me to run, to get help, but the mages grabbed me. They demanded that my dad make something for them--what it was, I do not know--but he refused. They threatened to kill me, but he simply nodded to me and told them to leave.

"When they put the dagger to my throat, I used my wind magic to force them all back. The other mages in response killed my father and mother..." Zephyr felt the tears in her eyes, and she briskly whiped them away. "I somehow managed to escape. I knew the guild leader of Fairy Tale was an acquantance of my father's, so I came here. I have been living here ever since."

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 pm

She hugged her "I am sorry my father ......... was not a father he was a drunk that could only remember my story because money was put on the table I never had a father the closest thing was Master Jason he took me in" she sighed "Though we have different pasts I see we are in the same boat." She looked at her and said "Zephyr........ Thanks for being her I think your the closest thing to a sister I have" she said with a smile.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:33 pm

It seemed like only ten seconds after Cyrus entered the guild hall and Aden was retreating to his own quarters that two large knocks came at the door. He eyed it like a devil over his shoulders and he mumbled to himself, "God damn it, I just locked that door." Angrily, he stomped back towards the entrance and the guards were about ready to unlock it themselves. However, he stomped up to them, without signs of stopping and said to them sternly, "Move!" By this time, sparks were dancing about his heals and once he was in range of the entrance, he brought his foot up and kicked the door. Fire exploded under the foot he kicked with, to where he broke the lock and blew the doors wide open. He looked around the door frame at the damaged doors and he thought, Not the smartest idea... but boy did that feel good.

Aden actually took the time to look at who knocked at the door and saw a girl standing at the door, looking most surprised. Aden blew a lock of hair from his right eye and said, "Well, you got our attention...what is it that you need?"

Cyrus was just about to shut the door to his room when he heard the doors slam back open. Uh oh, he thought Some one made Master Orpi mad. Cyrus dropped his stuff off in his room and took off his cloak and went back to the door to see a girl standing at the front entrance being stared down by his leader. I would hate to be her right about now he thought as he came up from behind Aden to see what she wanted.

Male

View user profile http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 pm

News had quickly spread throughout the guild about the attempt on their leader's life, although no one knew the specifics, everyone heard the crash of the assassin escping, and almost everyone had sceen their leader as he was being stitched up and bandaged by the guild surgion(sp). Throughout all of the comotion, Vincent was lost in thought almost the whole time. If He's back, then he was the one who ordered that attempt on my life, and I know exactly why he'ed want me dead... Unfortunately, I have still yet to surpass him with my old master... he was so deep in thought, that he didn't even feel the surgion sewing his wounds shut. He finally snapped out of his daze when he heard someone ask "What should we do about this hole sir?" to which he replied dismissavely "Patch it up quickly, we're due for guests within the next 48 hours." he knew that Mei would not fail him, because she never had since she first joined the guild.
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 am

"Thank you," Zephyr said, hugging back with her one good arm. "I am glad we could talk like this... It is nice to know that I am not alone now." She felt a smile play across her lips. It was a strange feeling, smiling for once, but it felt nice. She hoped that she would have more reasons to smile in the future.

Once the two finished their embrace, Zephyr stood. "Good night, Victoria. Sweet dreams." She left for her own room, still smiling.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:01 pm

She nodded "As well to you Zephyr" she lied on her sofa and lied and slept with a blanket over herself and left the fire it would burn out when it did.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Victoria awoke she shivered it was very cold she put her shoes on at some bread and went down stairs and looked at the board there was a new mission to get a jewel called the stone of Arco she wondered if she should ask Zephyr to come since no jobs but that were on the board.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:30 pm

Zephyr yawned and stretched. She almost panicked when her arm didn't move. She'd forgotten about it in the night--she'd thought it was just a dream.

She took a deep breath to calm herself as she remembered. She walked to the board to look for a job, only to find Victoria. "So what kind of job is it?" she inquired.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:35 pm

"There is only one we can share it we have to look for a stone called the stone of Arco the pay is half of our last job" she then said "We better go now the rock is to be in a cave in Watvale a three day trip from here" she said walking out the door "Grab all the things you need and then come here I shall be waiting I am always packed."
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 am

"As am I," Zephyr replied. "But... I have to see Cyrus. He was going to give me some help with my arm, but I do not know how long it might take... Will you wait for me, or will you just go on your own?" Either way, Zephyr didn't mind. She'd like to go with Victoria, but if her friend couldn't wait for her, she could understand.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:06 am

"I shall come with you if you do not mind I don't find sitting in this place all day very good for you" she smiled a little hoping Zephyr would be ok with her coming with her. She then took the sheet of paper from the board.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Mei stared at the man who had opened the door. She felt exhausted, but she knew that she had to finish her mission.

"I come from the Sea Serpants." She said. She faultered, stumbling slightly. "My guild leader, Vincent, he told me to send for... Aden. He needs help..." Her strength was quickly leaving her. She knew she needed rest, but... her first objective was to complete the mission.

I am posting from an apple store in florida. I'm probably not going to get another chance to post, but I knew that you guys would be waiting and I had a chance, so I decided to take it. and man that's a lot of discussion posts! Sorry about this inconveniance, and I'll see all of you when I get back. ^_^
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Aden 's eyes widened when the girl mentioned Vincent. Vincent's hurt? he thought to himself, sheesh, that that asshole could never stay out of trouble. Aden did want to go with this girl to help Vincent but he could see that she wouldn't make it back. "I will be happy to comply." he said to her with a slight amount of sarcasm, "As long as you accept to stay the night here so you can regain your energy. I won't have you wearing yourself out on a mission that I know that can wait. I know Vincent well, and I know he'll survive. So please, come in and get some rest." Aden was aware that Cyrus was behind him so he said, "could you take this lady to one of the guests beds for the night? I'm finally going to bed. I'll see you both in the morning." with that, Aden walked off to his own quarters.

Cyrus nodded his head he said to the Mage, "right this way." he guided her to the room Victoria slept in the night before and made sure she laid down and tried to get some sleep. Cyrus slipped to his work room and he actually started working on his new heart, however, an hour later, Aden came in and forced him to go to sleep; Cyrus got about a fourth of it done in that time.

The next morning, Cyrus and Aden woke up and readied themselves for this mission that came to their door step the night before. They went and woke the girl up as well and made sure she had some sort of breakfast before they went; the Burning Phoenix took a on a code of chivalry, that Aden imposed on them. Before they departed, Cyrus wrote a note for Zephyr

Lady Zephyr,
Master Orpi and I are on a mission as of now. It shouldn't take too much time seeing how we're just meeting with someone at another guild hall. I will mention your problem to him during the mission and if he agrees to help you I'll come and bring you to our guild hall
Sincerly Cyrus

PS. IF Victoria isn't busy when I call for you, she could always come too.

Cyrus gave the note to one of the front guards and told him, "if a girl from Fairy Tale comes looking for me, give her that." Cyrus prepared himself with his pistol, bullets, and lance on the off chance he would need them and he threw on his nice white cloak to look nice for when they were going to meet this friend of Aden. Once the three were ready, the Burning Phoenix carriage was prepared and the took the carriage to the Sea Serpents guild hall.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Vincent groaned as he sat up in his bed. He knew that he had to at least look like he was still as strong as he ever was, but he knew that right now he was only running at about 65%. It had already been a full day since he had sent Mei to Burning Pheonix. Knowing that bastard Aden, he probably forced everyone to wait till morning to actually head out... Oh well, that being the case I can expect to see them later today. he thought to himself with a grunt of irritation as he grabed his cane and tried to disguise his limp, which he still had, as he went down to the Dining Hall to get something to eat. "I'll have the usual Horas." he said to the chef when he finally reached the Dining hall. A few short moments later, he was brought a plate with a monsterous omlet with loads of ham, onions, cheese, and other various topings. He proceeded to devour his omlet, and had time to take care of the last bit of paperwork involving the gaping hole in the wall of the building before hearing that Mei had returned with Aden, along with another mage who no one seemed to really recognize. "Hello Aden. I'ed say that I'm happy to see you, but we both know that would be a lie... Let us continue this conversation in my office." he said as he indicated them to follow him as he walked off towards a very decorative-looking room.

Last edited by Vernaferous on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm

On their way to the Sea Serpents Guild Hall, Cryus had asked Aden, quietly, about "giving help to a female freiend from another guild". Aden sighed at his request and he mummbled back to Cyrus, "Bring her over after this, I need to assess how bad her arm really is before i can help her."

When they finally got there Aden walked up to Vincent, with Cyrus and the other Mage trailing behind him, and he said with obvious sarcasim, "Hey Vincent, why don't you return my messages? I've tried contacting you." he gave a chuckle and he said, "well I'd shake your hand but..." he looked at his dead arms and said, "I'm a little handicapped if you forgot."

Cyrus looked around the dark, gothic, guild hall as they first walked in. Wow he thought to himself, This place just screams darkness. When they finally met up with this Vincent person, Cyrus recognized him instantly. Its the man that assinated the princess! he thought to himself. Cyrus went to reach for his pistol but before he could even touched it, Aden had kicked him in the shin without turning away from Vincent. "Owwww.." he exclamed to himself, trying to bear the pain just brought upon him.

[center]

"Now now, Cyrus." Aden said to his mage from over his shoulder, "Play nice." He turned back to Vincent and he said to him, "well after you." Aden waltzed into his office, with Cyrus trailing behind him, and Aden looked around the dark and grotesque room, with dark paintings, and a gothic style acrhitecture. "Charming" he said to himself as he gazed around. He then faced the Sea Serpents leader and said, "Alright on to business. Seeing how you're walking around you can't be hurt that badly...on your standards, at least...So what is this really about?"

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 pm

"Of course you may come," Zephyr replied with a smile.

They went to the Burning Phoenix guild hall, but were stopped before they could enter. "I am Zephyr of Fairy Tale," she explained. "Cyrus, one of your mages, is expecting me."

"Cyrus left this morning with our Guild Master on a mission," the guard replied, puffing his chest up to look important. "He left this note for you if you came, milady." He held out the note, which Zephyr read through quickly.

"Now what will we do?" Zephyr asked, showing Victoria the note. "Should we wait for Cyrus to return before going on our mission?" She turned to the guard. "Do you know how long Cyrus will be gone?"

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Victoria looked at the note and then looked at Zephyr "Well our mission will take three days so I want you to be ok for our mission so we can wait" she said looking at her she wanted to make sure Zephyr would be ok for there mission and she wanted her to be ok so they could wait for Cyrus she kinda wondered where they were.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm

((this is short because i need vern to post for my main characters))

The guard held his chin and looked up in thought and he said, "Well milady, Master Orpi said he was just going to talk to an old friend over at the Sea Serpents Guild Hall. Cyrus joined him on Matser Oripi's request..."

He thought for another minute and said to the two mages, "I can't think why just talkin' with a friend would take more than a few hours and they left early this morning.... My guess is that they'll be back before sundown tonight, Miladies."

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 pm

((sorry guys... I kinda got hit by a car earlier today, so it's impeeding my posting a bit Very Happy ))

Vincent looked at Aden and had already remembered how much he disliked his constant sarcasm. When he looked at the mage he was traveling with though, he could swear there was something familiar about him, he just couldn't quite place it. He let out a heavy sigh as he sat down in his throne before answering Aden's completely valid question. "This is about the attempt that was made on my life earlier this week. Normally I would just shrug something like this off, but the fact that it came so close to me being personally requested on a mission, coupled with the ominously familiar magical energy I've been sencing lately have lead me to the conclusion that your old friend, and my former master has finally returned." the air in the room seemed to drop 10 degrees at the mention of Vincent's fromer master. "The important question we need to answer now though is what we are going to do about this... We both know that he can't be stoped by normal means, but only I know how he can be utterly destroyed, although I'm sure he at least mentioned to you his plans for imortality." Vincent's eyes drifted to the floor of the chamber as he remembered how he had bound his master's soul forever into an enchanted neclase. His eyes snaped back to Aden's with a determined expression as he said "He needs to be stoped, and we'll have to all work together to do it!"

((Hey twilight, cold you pm me the name we agreed on for this guy? I seriously can't remember it...))
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down