Magic Users Guild

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Re: Magic Users Guild

Post by sailorstar165 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 pm

"It is we who should be grateful," Zephyr said, politely bowing. She glanced at how much she and Victoria had made. She guessed about 150,000 gold. That meant 75,000 between the two of them. She somehow managed to stay composed as she said, "We appreciate this more than you know, sir."

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Cyrus bowed to their employers and then he said, "Well then Sirs we must be off. The next mission is always awaiting for us." Cyrus went back to the carriage and he waited to see if Zephyr and Victoria would accept a ride back or if they were going to leave on their own.

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Victoria bowed as well she looked at Zephyr and smiled they had not horses so they would have to go with Cyrus.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 293
Quote : That which does not kill me better run pretty damn fast
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile http://gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Zephyr followed close behind Cyrus. There was no way she was about to walk all the way back when there was a free ride to be had. That was just plain foolish. "Well, Victoria? Will you be joining us?"

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm

She nodded and walked into the carriage and sat down she could not believe they got paid more this would help her so much she had been running low on money. She then said "Zephyr would you like help with the cloth I gave you."
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Zephyr nodded. She wasn't quite sure how to wear the cloth, or if it was even to be worn. She held it out to Victoria with her good hand. "I would greatly appreciate it," she said.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Cyrus let the two ladies in before himself and then he said to the driver, "lets take them home first and then we should get back to the guild hall ourselves." Cyrus grabbed his stuff from the drivers seat and brought inside of the carriage as he took a seat across from the two mages. He laid his bag of tools and his hand on the seat then he slouched back into a comfortable position. He closed his eyes and he did his best to try and rest some more, he was still extremely tired from yesterday.

Male

View user profile http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:03 pm

She smiled and took the cloth she then wrapped in her her hair it was now in a ponytail this would help her in tire body from the decay. She then said quietly "There" she then smiled at Cyrus as he tried to rest and looked out the window of the carriage.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:29 pm

The rest of the trip was rather quiet. Cyrus startled awake any time they hit a large bump but always quickly fell back to sleep.once they reached the Fairy Tale's guild hall he said to Zephyr and Victoria, "Fair well, I hope the time we meet again comes soon." he then closed the carriage door and they made their way back to the Burning Pheonix guild Hall.

The first thing Cyrus did when he got back was go strait to his work room and worked on his hand. He got the finer details of it done in 2 hours and then he rewashed his operated tools and started operating on himself. He couldn't feel ay of the cuts since his arm was rotted away but he did his best not to cut into any of the still living parts of his arm. 2 hours past that he connected his hand back to his arm and then did a diagnostics check to make sure it was working properly.

Once that was done, he went into his old files and brought back up the file he had for his mechanical heart. He poured through the file and found the bill of materials list that he had written down for it. He stuck the list into one of his belt pouches, then took his still blood-stained cloak, his pistol, and half of his newly earned gold and he made his way into town to go find Luke.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Victoria went to her room in the guild hall she had a big Victorian style bed though she loved sleeping under the stars she had split the money with Zephyr already. She just fell asleep on her bed.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 pm

Luke was polishing up some of his wares, waiting for customers. It was late, so he was probably going to close up his stand soon and start up again in the morning.

He heard footsteps and looked up, thinking to see Cyrus with yet another list of crazy things he needed for his mechanics. "Hello! How may I--" he stopped when he saw it was Zephyr. "My God, what happened to yer arm?!" he said, rushing over to look. "Didja break it or..." He didn't want to think about it. "Are you... are you a Elemental Mage?"

Zephyr knew exactly what Luke was thinking and confirmed his fears. "My arm is rotting away because of my magic. I have a couple of talismans my friends," the word was strange to her, after having been alone so long, "gave me."

She smiled sheepishly, another thing that was strange to her. She showed few expressions or emotions, but she felt like she could be herself around the merchant, just as she could be around Victoria and Cyrus. "I just wanted to let you know I was okay and that our mission was a success. Anyway, good night." She turned to leave, but Luke grabbed her good arm.

He had no idea what he was thinking, grabbing a mage. All he knew was that he didn't want to end the conversation like this. "Zephyr, if ya ever need to talk, feel free to come ta me if I'm around. After all, I--" He froze when he saw Cyrus approach. "Er... Hello, Cyrus..."

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm

It was a little after noon when Vincent finally woke up from his "slumber", he had been meditating for over 12 hours but could still feel the effects of the previous night's battle with the Fairy Tale mages. Ironically enough, just minutes after he had entered the main hall, the man who had ordered the assassination job on the princess came storming in looking quite upset.

"Where's the Guild Master? I must speek with him about a FAILED contract!" the man said with noticable anger in his voice.

The moment the words "failed contract" left the man's lips, every eye ion the guild was focused solely on him. Everyone knew what failure meant in the Sea Serpents guild, and the fact that the Vincent himself had participated in the mission cought everyone's attention. "I am the Guild Master, and I would appreciate it if you didn't make such false acusations. We did kill the princess, her heart and throat were critically damaged, so she was dead after I left her carrage I assure you." he said in a deathly calm voice. It was all he could do to keep from summoning a pack of frenzied gouls to rip him to shreads for insulting his honor like that.

"I assure you that Princess Amber is very much alive, and set to marry her fiance tonight at sundown!" the man was now shouting directly into Vincent's face. "So what do you plan to do about it? We paid you in advance to have her KILLED and she is very much alive!"

"I'm sorry that our target came back from the dead, but as for the state of the mission, we did kill her. The fact that she is still walking around doesn't at all affect our previous contract. The conditions were met, and I lost quite a few men on that mission... besides, we never give refunds for successful missions, if that's what you had in mind." Vincent added that last part with a slight grin, and the remark got a good chuckle from everyone in the room. "Now if you would like to place a second assassination mission on her, please make the necessary preparations and the initial deposit with the receptionest on your way out." There was a long pause after Vincent finished speeking, other than muffled chuckles from the surrounding guild members, there was not a sound in the room for a solid minute. "I would sudgest you leave now, before I loose my temper." Vincent whispered just loud enough for the man to hear. With that, the man snapped out of his state of utter shock and stormed angrilly out of the Guild Headquarters.

((Sorry for such a long post, but I'm setting the stage for my "plot-twist"... Plus it's been a while since we saw Vincent))
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male
Number of posts : 340
Quote : BRB... gon 2 get Pancakes!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Victoria was looking at the red silk above her she wanted to talk to Zephyr she thought she should know about her past and why she was so sucluided before. She was really one of her only friends she should know more about why she is the way she is.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Cyrus made his way through the city at around twilight and he looked tiredly around for Luke. He finally found his stand and saw that he was grabbing Zephyr. He actually heard a little bit of their conversation, which is how he found him, so even though the scene looked incriminating, Cyrus understood it to a point.

Cyrus bowed to Zephyr and said, "good to see you again and look." he showed her his mechanical hand all polished and fixed and he said, "I have two hands again." he looked down at her arm and saw his talisman intertwined with Victoria's. he sighed and said in a lower tone, "Listen, I have a solution to your limp arm that won't involve..." he looked down at his own hand and said, "well this. I can ask my leader about it if you're willing to take the offer but let me get my supplies first."

He then turned to Luke and placed the list on his counter along with the large bag of coins, "Hey Luke, the mission was a success. However, I had to use my mechanical heart so now i have to make a new one." he pushed the list towards him more and said, "here's the bill of materials. Also i need more of that carbon fiber membrane, I used that up, too, during the mission."

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Nathanial awoke that morning feeling refreshed and ready for a long journey. After reading his journal, he collected all the items he would need for his mission and changed into his "work robes". This outfit was made especially for him, and it morphed completely with him when he used his magic so (unlike normal clothes) they were still in perfect condition when he changed back into a human. He then set out, using the map he had recieved with the message to guide him, and found the "good faith payment" that had been mentioned in the message. When he looked into the hollowed stump that was marked on the map, he reached in and pulled out a large sack that must have contained at least 50,000 gold pieces. "Well at least I'll be able to get a ride with this." he said jokeingly as he tossed the sack into his backpack. "I should get going now... I wonder who this mysterious employer is though." he said with a questioning vioce as a pair of massive bird wings burst out of his back. He rose effortlessly from the ground and flew off in the direction of the Sea Serpent's Guild Hall.
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Zephyr nodded and stepped aside for Cyrus to be able to talk more easily to the merchant.

Luke scratched his head as he read through the list of things Cyrus needed. He then dug through all his mercandise, exclaiming happily as he found all the things Cyrus needed. "That comes to about..." he did the mental math quickly, "10,000. Big spender, aren't ya?" he said with a grin.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Victoria got out of bed and went down stairs she then went into the town she was looking around than she saw Zephyr and all the others.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Cyrus was surprised as to how cheap his total came to, but it was too late for Luke to take back the offer now. He smiled slyly and then he said to Luke after he handed him the exact amount, "That's funny, My last heart cost twice as much as this. are you going soft on me?" he took all the materials and the rest of his gold and put it all in a shoulder bag that he brought with them and he slung it over his shoulder.

Right before he walked away from the stand he stopped and remembered Zephyr. he looked over his shoulder and said, "if you want the option, come to my guild hall tomorrow. It's far too late to do anything about your arm tonight." He saw Victoria come up to the stand and he bowed for her and said, "Good evening lady Victoria. It's nice to see you again however, I need to get back to my guild hall and start working right away." he bowed his head once more and started to walk away from the cart.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Nathanial had been flying for almost 2 hours before he could finally see the Sea Serpent Guild's tower. He knew it when he saw it because of the ornate style of the building, and because of the Guild's flag hanging proudly from the top of the tower. He landed in the courtyard just outside the tower, and transformed just in time to scare the skin of a very agrevated looking man as he stormed out of the guild. "I should probably go get something to eat before I go in there." he grumbled to himself while rubbing his stomach. He'll stil be there when I get back. Besides, just walking in through the front door would be suiscide. he thought to himself as he went off in search of somewhere to eat.

((I hope Hanyo posts soon... I wanna get this show on the road!))
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Mei had been walking through the great hall when she heard the accusation. She frowned, crossing her arms. Vincent had never failed a mission before. And for the record, she hadn't either. She ignored the guy as he walked out and she stepped up to Vincent, fuming at that man's disrespect for her leader. "What was that about?" She asked, turning back to glare at his retreating form.

Before you yell at me for not posting sooner today, I'll have you know that I was at school from 7:00 in the morning, to 9:00 at night. It was not fun. I just got home. Sorry for taking so long and for such a short post but frankly, I'm exhausted. ...yeah. So, yay! We can get to interesting plot twists now! ^_^
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernaferous on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Vincent looked over to Mei, who seemed to be just as steemed as he was at the man's acustons. "It was nothing, just another customer who wanted a refund." He said with a chuckle. "Not to worry,I sent him on his way." he watched the man storm out of the Guild Hall doors. "I'm going to head back to my quarters now, I still feel a little weak from yesterday." he said with a sigh as he walked off in the direction of his room.

About this time, Nathanial was steping out of a local eatery, feeling quite content, and was heading up to the Sea Serpent's building. If I remember right, the Guild Master's quarters is usually in the top room in the scenter. he thought to himself as he transformed himself into an abnormally large raven. This should be a simple stab-and-go mission, so I should be back home intime for supper. he thought happily to himself as he flew his way into the window. Sure enough, from his pearch he could clearly see the inside of Vincent's private quarters, and he could also see Vincent himself come into the room and lay down on the bed. The phrase: "He couldn't possibly be back. Could he?" Was all he could make out from the mage's inconsistant babbling. Enough of this! now's my time to strike! he thought as he dove straight at Vincent's exposed chest. At the last second however, Vincent noticed the bird and rolled out of the way just in time. "You are the great Vincent aren't you? Vincent, leader of the Sea Serpents? If so, then my employer wants you dead." Nathanial said in a deathly calm voice as he transformed back into his human form. "I'll take your silence as a Yes." he said with a sigh as a thick coat of fur covered his body and his nails transformed into 3 inch claws. He turned to face the utterly bewildered Necromancer just as his face transformed into a beastly maw and a pair of gigantic batlike wings and a tail sprouted from his body.

((now rather than wast a full page of text explainig the fight, I'll just tell ya how it ends... Neither one dies, although both sustain serious injuries, and Nathanial escapes by busting through a weakened section of the wall and flying off...))
Vernaferous
Role Player

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Mei sighed, watching her leader walk off. Really, you can't want refunds for these types of things when done properly. Once the target was killed, it wasn't their fault if someone brought the person back to life. Deciding she wasn't in the mood for practice anymore, she turned, heading back in the direction of her dorms. She was halfway their when she stopped, thinking to herself.

How could that man have wanted a refund?

How could the princess possibly have survived their attack?

If there was a mage somewhere capable of such things, then other missions could end the same way. Frowning she turned, walking back towards Vincents room to ask him some questions about the mans accusations.

One she neared his quarters she heard a loud crash coming from inside. Worried, she quickened her pace, knocking twice hesitantly.

Can't post anymore today, sorry! I gotta go, I'll be back tomorrow.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:51 am

Luke shrugged at Cyrus's comment. "Materials got cheaper, actually. I found a place where they recently got more metal than they know what to do with. Cheaper materials mean cheaper goods." He had given Cyrus the usual discount of about 1,000 gold, but everything had been a lot cheaper compaired to last time.

"Thank you, Cyrus," Zephyr said, bowing to the retreating figure. She glanced up and noticed Victoria. "Good evening, Victoria. May I ask what you are doing up so late?"

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emotional_Scarlet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:10 am

"I wanted to talk with you Zephyr" she said seeing Luke talking to Cyrus then Cyrus had left she really wanted to talk with Zephyr.
Emotional_Scarlet
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:34 pm

"I understand," Zephyr said. She turned to Luke and bowed. "Thank you. I shall be sure to talk to you if I ever need help." She turned back to Victoria, not seeing Luke's smile at her words. "Shall we head back? It is getting awfully chilly."

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next